N.I.T. Smart Sensors
Lensation proudly presents the exceptional CMOS-Sensors designed by NIT (New Imaging Technologies)
High Dynamic Range and Smart Imaging Sensors
MAGIC sensors : High Dynamic Range sensorsContrast Indexed Sensors with Constant contrast sensitivity over > 120db dynamic range (equivalent to > 1 Mio. graylevels on linear sensors standard). No visible fixed pattern noise, no saturation, no smear, no blooming, no shutter, no gain, no offset. Conservation of all luminance information over > 120dB (change the exposure time AFTER the image is recorded!)
of unrivaled features.
User specified Smart Imaging SensorsThe smart sensing concept is based on the combination of Smart Pixel and massively parallel analog on-chip processing, using a combination of electrical and other physical laws.
(intelligent processing features at pixel level)
The implementation results in high performance sensors operating at low power with high image processing speeds. The Algorithms are encoded on hardware level , but can be parameterable (Thresholds, Matrix coefficients for filtering etc. ) !!!
Why would you want own sensors?
- You need processing speeds faster than the fastest (non-scientific) cameras
- You have an idea for a high volume camera product, but smart cameras are too expensive and too big
- You got to suppress the image background
- You want to protect and secure your innovation and investment
You need Ideas? Read on...Smart Imaging Sensors include, but by far are not limited to the
- Differential Sensors: TWO images are acquired - one of them with active illumination. Result is the difference of these two images. Application: "subtracting" the background of a scene. Speed: no partial image readout so micro-second inter-frame is possible
- Differential Projection Sensors: Like the Differential Sensors, where the X&Y projections of a 2D image are computed and readout. Application: high speed & high precision tracking of laser dots, Vibration analysis. Speed : 20khz on a 1k x 1k sensor.
- Preprocessing Line Scan Sensors: Like "normal" line scan sensors, just the processing (edge counting, width measurement, etc. ) is done "on chip". Applications: Wire & Fabric inspection. Speed: up to 1 Million lines a second (@ 1 K pixels) (> 50 measurements per mm @ 20m/second transport speed).
- Differential Line Scan Sensors: Application: Background suppressing closed loop for edge position. Speed: 2-10khz @ 1K pixels
- "Trigger & Snap" Line Sensors: Application: All applications that need super fast reaction AND an image. Event detection is done on the chip. Speed: 200khz @ 1K pixels
- Fingerprint Sensors: Application: Fingerprint reading with optional correlation based self triggering
- Triangulation Sensors: Application: Low cost, high speed, subpixel accurate laser triangulation ON CHIP. Speed: A 512x512 sensor supplies up to 500.000 height values per second
- MAGIC (HDR) Line Scan Sensors: Application: Print quality inspection and image acquisition at super high speed. Speed: 40Mhz, 80Mhz (= 20.000 lines/s @ 2048 Pixels, 40.000 lines/s @ 2048 pixels)
- MAGIC (HDR) Area Sensors: (features see above). Application: surveillance, outdoor applications, Soldering, welding, automotive, low light. Code reading under changing light conditions
- Multi-Line-Scan sensor: Application: Autofocus Line Scanning without moving parts
- Light Curtain Sensors: Application: Optical based 2D(!) detection of even small objects entering a large safety area. The safety area does NOT (!) need to be a rectangular. Speed: in the kHz range
- Outdoor laser triangulation: Combination of double exposure & Laser Triangulation on chip.
- Optical Based Multi Touch Screens that work even in bright sunlight. (Exclusive & patented product).
- Customized High Speed Sensors: Need processing faster than todays cameras can acquire images? Ask us !